Ask your house sales agent how the SPLUMA Act affects you? SPLUMA comes into play in October 2020. SPLUMA or (Spatial Planning and Land Use Management) Act will affect you if you decide to sell your property later this year and you don’t have approved and accurate building plans. In short, the National Deeds Office will require a SPLUMA certificate from the local municipality in which a property is located before any property transfer can be concluded.
Also, leading real estate brands have commented on the impact and effects of the SPLUMA Act in the past, and include commentary from other major real estate firms about the real impact of SPLUMA when you sell a property, especially a freestanding home.
What do you need to do to obtain a SPLUMA Certificate?
If you are planning to sell your property this year, then work closely with a good house sales agent to help you navigate these new requirements. In the meantime, here are some pointers to consider:
- An affidavit signed by you, the Seller, and filed at your local municipality. This affidavit should state that your building plans are in order. Also, it should state that your plans are accurate and that they are filed with your local municipality.
- All your rates and taxes and any other funds that are outstanding for the property are paid in full.
- Your building plans including swimming pools, lapa’s, and carports need to be submitted to your local municipality and these plans must be approved. If you have made alterations to your property and you have not had the plans updated you will need to appoint an architect or draughtsperson to prepare your plans for lodgement to your local municipality.
- There should be no encroachments over building lines and property boundaries. This applies to swimming pools, lapa’s, and carports that are often erected without proper plans.
Ask your house sales agent for assistance
Ask your house sales agent to assist you, but start the process early. If you know that you are going to sell this year or you already have your property on the market, make sure you have accurate building plans. Apply for your SPLUMA certificate, right after your property has been listed. Remember that this potentially time-consuming process could take as much as 3 months to conclude. With only 8 months remaining until October, the costs have not been finalised yet.
What’s the aim behind the SPLUMA Act?
- Establish uniformity and compliance with land use and control.
- The SPLUMA Act largely also ensures that properties comply with current building regulations.
Who does SPLUMA benefit?
It is clear that the benefits of the SPLUMA Act err on the side of a Buyer. It is still not clear how easy it will be to obtain a SPLUMA certificate. It’s also not clear what this will cost. Applying for your certificate will delay the sale of your home, especially if physical inspections are required. But a prominent house sales agent will help you get going with these new requirements in good time.
Sell your property with a good house sales agent
Keller Williams Select is all about connecting property sellers with a top KW Select house sales agent in your area. We work with the leading real estate brands and the top house sales agents in your suburb. When you submit your details know that we’ll connect you to these top brands in minutes. You get to save time because prominent house sales agents will call you.
Finally, we work hard to help you connect with the right house sales agents near you. We work with top real estate brands and top house sales agents who are serious about sales and serious about service. Sell your home fast and for the best price possible. Click here if you would like to request a free property valuation? Or, click here to submit your details online so we can get the top KW Select estate agent in your area to contact you.
Estate Agents – want to know more about KW?
Keller Williams (USA) is a top real estate brand to work for. If you are an estate agent and want to know a little more drop me an e-mail. If you would like to leverage world-class technology to the benefit of all our stakeholders across the value chain and end up with a win-win every time, then let’s touch base. Also, read what makes Keller Williams the best!
Get in touch
So, if you need a valuation done on a property anywhere in Randburg or elsewhere in Jhb, we can help. Give us a call on telephone number (064) 549-3123. Alternatively, drop us an e-mail at email@example.com. We have a vast network of almost 1,500 top Keller Williams agents at our fingertips who are all just dying for the opportunity to partner with you to sell and conclude your property transaction in record time.
If you want to view all the Keller Williams properties across the country, click on our website to start the search for your dream home. Need help getting a pre-approved homeloan, it’s free and our strategic partners will find you the best rate over 20 years! And finally, if you are thinking of putting your property on the market and need a free property valuation, click here!
Visit Our Content Library
- Property Trends – click here to see a range of topics covered.
- Free Property Valuations – click here to see the range of topics covered.
- Property Advice – click here to see a range of articles to help you.
- Homeowner Tips – click here to see the range of content we have covered.
- Property Transfer Process – click here to view a range of content covered.