When looking at property mandates, let’s consider The Mandate and its Merit. Understand we always advise a sole mandate but let’s get to that in a minute. Every type of mandate has merits, be that a sole mandate or an open mandate. But is the sole mandate the way forward? This will come up often when you start meeting with agents and every agent will push for a sole mandate.
The different Mandates and their Merit
- Sole mandate: you give Keller Williams a sole mandate, know that we have almost 1,500 agents that all work to leverage their qualified buyers to your property. It’s a win-win for you when you sell. But remember this gives Keller Williams the right to market your property and you will only be dealing with 1 Keller Williams agent, not 1,500. A sole mandate also allows you as the seller to market and sell your property. That’s the main difference between a Sole Mandate and an Exclusive Sole Mandate.
- Exclusive Sole Mandate: This is 1st price for any estate agent. This is where you opt not to market or sell your property yourself but work with a preferred estate agent to sell your property. As a Keller Williams agency, we would love to assist on this front as well.
- Dual mandate: You, the seller appoint and give permission for 2 estate agents and their brands to market and sell your property.
- Open mandate: you give a number of Agencies the right to sell your home. There is no exclusivity to selling your home and you are not restricted to one Agent. Expect a few boards on your pavement.
Benefits of a sole mandate
- Exclusivity: you have exclusivity and your property is linked to one brand. This sends a strong message to potential buyers about the quality of your home in the marketplace.
- Price control: You have a better chance of selling at a better price. Agents will focus all their energy and marketing fire-power whereas open mandates will not provide the same focus. You want an Agent fully invested.
- Privacy: One agent will manage the process to sell your home.
- Marketing: Ask property agents to outline how they will market your home. There are prominent online property portals that will present your property to over 15 million potential buyers – make sure your property is prominently placed in these online environments.
- Communication: Communication with your Agent will be better because you are working with 1 Agent who is already invested in the sale of your property.
- Service: As a seller, you would always get better service from an agent that holds a Sole Mandate. An agent is always more invested in your sale when they have a Sole Mandate.
The duration of a Mandate and their Merit
You will eventually be presented with a contract. And, you will be required to agree on the duration of the mandate (sole mandate or other). Make sure you understand the terms and that you are 100% comfortable with your final choice. Consider 3 months as the norm, but the choice is yours.
Final thoughts on a sole mandate
Although I personally favour a sole mandate because I have honestly been on the receiving end of either good luck or God’s blessing I can say a sole mandate works for me. But, if you consider the market you are in, a Buyer’s market, or a Seller’s Market you need to be careful. It is imperative that you ask your property agent what market you find yourself in before you sign the contract or the mandate. Irrespective of the market, we still support a sole mandate. Also, Keller Williams will do our level best to get the very best agent in your area to contact you in no time to schedule your free property valuation. The choice about which mandate to consider is your choice. And remember the right asking price when you decide to sell is your number 1 decision. Selecting the mandate is number 2. Book your valuation, click here.
Why you should bet on Red with Keller Williams
Keller Williams uses the culture of the brand to generate success. Keller Williams is also the largest franchised real estate brand in the world. With almost 1,500 estate agents across SA, what makes Keller Williams different is our value system. You see the Keller Williams business model is built on sharing. Meaning that 1,500 agents across SA all have access to you your listing. Every single one of these agents has buyers for properties that have either been on the market or are currently on the market. We leverage these buyers across areas and the entire model is driven by a win-win solution for all, or the deal is off. So, you don’t have 1 agent working on the sale of your property, you have almost 1,500 agents involved. But you only deal with 1 agent. And you only have 1 board on your pavement.
Estate Agents – want to know more about KW?
Keller Williams (USA) is a top real estate brand to work for. If you are an estate agent and want to know a little more drop me an e-mail. If you would like to leverage world-class technology to the benefit of all our stakeholders across the value chain and end up with a win-win every time, then let’s touch base. Also, read what makes Keller Williams the best!
Get in touch
So, if you need a valuation done on a property anywhere in Randburg or elsewhere in Jhb, we can help. Give us a call on telephone number (064) 549-3123. Alternatively, drop us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a vast network of almost 1,500 top Keller Williams agents at our fingertips who are all just dying for the opportunity to partner with you to sell and conclude your property transaction in record time.
If you want to view all the Keller Williams properties across the country, click on our website to start the search for your dream home. Need help getting a pre-approved homeloan, it’s free and our strategic partners will find you the best rate over 20 years! And finally, if you are thinking of putting your property on the market and need a free property valuation, click here!
Visit Our Content Library
- Property Trends – click here to see a range of topics covered.
- Free Property Valuations – click here to see the range of topics covered.
- Property Advice – click here to see a range of articles to help you.
- Homeowner Tips – click here to see the range of content we have covered.
- Property Transfer Process – click here to view a range of content covered.