Sell my home? Are you thinking of selling your home, why not home stage your master bedroom? You really do want to show your home at its very best. And, remember there are enormous benefits that come with home staging. Firstly home staging will help to sell your home faster which is really important in the buyer’s market we find ourselves in. Secondly, the cost to home stage the master bedroom will be significantly less than dropping your asking price.
Selling your home – why not home stage your master bedroom +
Whether you are selling your home or just looking for some inspiration to make the most of your home why not try home staging. It’s easy, it’s practical, it’s fun and you have permission to shop. We have decided to go room by room because everyone has different priorities at home so be sure to read our other articles if you missed them.
10 Practical, cost-effective tips to home stage a master bedroom
- Fix the nicks – do you have any bashes on the corners of the walls that a bit of Polyfilla could fix?
- Paint the room in neutral, calming colours. Cover up the vibrant colour scheme and stick to neutral colours.
- Remove all the furniture – except for the bed, the bedside tables, and the dresser.
- Declutter – Clear out all the clutter, all of it. Pack everything away and you will see that the bedroom will also start to look bigger. Every day-to-day item should be packed away.
- Crisp clean linen – if you are in the mood to shop nothing lifts the look of the master bedroom better than crisp white linen.
- Lighting – is the lighting that you have in the room working to show off the room at its best. If you need to invest in new bedside table lamps remember this is a small investment to make. You want to make this room as light and airy as possible.
- Window dressings – lighten the windows as much as possible. Let in as much light as you can. Clean the blinds or wash the curtains and make sure the windows sparkle.
- Ease up on the décor – remember less is more. You want to show off to potential buyers how stunning the master bedroom is, you are not focusing on wowing them with your bedroom décor.
- Depersonalise – remember to pack away all your personal effects and that goes for family photos or wedding photos that you may have in your master bedroom.
- Clean – make sure everything in your master bedroom is absolutely clean and sparkly.
Let’s not forget that it is not necessary to home stage every room in your house. You want to focus on the rooms that you know need attention. You want to do only as much as you need to do. Remember you are going for the neatly organised, clean, sparkly, fresh, minimalist look in most of the rooms of your home, and especially the master bedroom.
Also, home staging is a pretty new concept in South Africa, has been used in America for years now. There are some fantastic free resources online if you do a little digging. Home staging in America has been known to help sell a property much faster and if it’s done right will help you sell your property for a great asking price, provided your home is priced correctly, to begin with.
Sell my home? Looking for top estate agents?
Keller Williams is the fastest-growing real estate brand in South Africa. Just to confirm, KW is the largest franchised real estate player by far, no matter what criteria you consider.
Why it’s important to work with the best?
The top estate agent from Keller Williams will call you, click here to schedule a valuation. Get an accurate property valuation from an experienced agent. Get expert advice and don’t forget to ask questions about the market and the current property market.
Setting the right asking price is crucial to ensure you can sell your home quickly and for the right price. Keller Williams will work in partnership to determine the correct asking price that is market-related. This will ensure your property sells fast and for the best price in the current market. Selling your home in a buyer’s market means you need to do everything possible to make your home really stand out. Deciding on which mandate to go for is also important. We will always advise a sole mandate because your agent is more invested than ever to sell your property.
Remember if you are planning to sell your property, stick to the basics when you home stage your master bedroom. Keep it simple. Don’t go overboard with colours, keep it neutral and if you only buy 1 new thing, let it be a new crisp white set of linen. Happy home staging.
Estate Agents – want to know more about KW?
Keller Williams (USA) is a top real estate brand to work for. If you are an estate agent and want to know a little more drop me an e-mail. If you would like to leverage world-class technology to the benefit of all our stakeholders across the value chain and end up with a win-win every time, then let’s touch base. In conclusion, read what makes Keller Williams the best!
Get in touch
So, if you need a valuation done on a property anywhere in Randburg or elsewhere in Jhb, we can help. Give us a call on telephone number (064) 549-3123. Alternatively, drop us an e-mail at email@example.com. We have a vast network of almost 1,500 top Keller Williams agents at our fingertips who are all just dying for the opportunity to partner with you to sell and conclude your property transaction in record time.
If you want to view all the Keller Williams properties across the country, click on our website to start the search for your dream home. Need help getting a pre-approved homeloan, it’s free and our strategic partners will find you the best rate over 20 years! And finally, if you are thinking of putting your property on the market and need a free property valuation, click here!
Visit Our Content Library
- Property Trends – click here to see a range of topics covered.
- Free Property Valuations – click here to see the range of topics covered.
- Property Advice – click here to see a range of articles to help you.
- Homeowner Tips – click here to see the range of content we have covered.
- Property Transfer Process – click here to view a range of content covered.